The Ripple Effect Presents The Premiere Of Slow Draw's New Track "Landscape Washed"!

Ladies and gentlemen, nothing makes my day like opening up the email and seeing that I've got a message from Slow Draw.  Slow Draw, as you may or may not know, is the solo ambient, minimalist, drone project from Mark Kitchens.  Who just happens to be one-half of the Dynamic Duo known as Stone Machine Electric!  For me, Slow Draw challenges you as the listener and challenges what the listening experience can be. So it is with great pleasure that I bring to you this track from the upcoming Slow Draw release.  The track is called Landscape Washed and is from the album Born in Coffins which will be available to you digitally and on cassette on May 6th.  Enjoy!   

 

~El Pedo Caliente (aka Uncle Jameson from the Fistful of DOOM show)


 

"On the album itself, there was no initial concept for it. I spent a day out in my studio, mic'd up the space, and hit record. What you hear is what I played with no overdubs. I did edit out bits and pieces. But for the most part it is all on this release. The only pre-planned thing I did was to record stuff to the loop tapes. The rest was just pulled from things churning in my subconscious I suppose. I like how this turned out, and I hope folks will find some enjoyment or at least use this to clear their heads. Albums like this feel like a palette cleanser to me. Sometimes you need something off the wall to help clear your mind." 

 

~Mark Kitchens (the one man owner operator of Slow Draw)

 

Comments