THE BLUE COLLAR ARMY - Norrland


Ladysnow Society


This band comes from SkellefteƄ, Sweden and has a plodding ambient sound with touches of doom, death metal and experimental noise. The band is comprised of The Englishman (Guitar), The Old Man (Drums), The Party Bear (Scream), The Pig (Guitar), and Baron von Horst (Bass).

If you like those styles that I described previously, then this is for you, but not for me. The screamed, incoherent vocals did nothing for me, if this was instrumental, I would have loved it and given it a great review. The musicianship is great, tight playing, lots of interesting sounds and the way that they can go from light and airy to balls out rocking is something that I loved, but the vocals…the vocals. The few instrumental songs were amazing and I will play those ones again and again.

If you think that this is what you are looking for, by all means, give it a chance and hopefully it will be what you are searching for, but I just can’t get past the vocals. If they put out an instrumental album, I’m totally there for it.

-Rick Ecker

Comments