Daily Bandcamp Album; Smoke It Off by Hail Dale

Something just reeked of "redneck" when I came across this. First off, the album cover looks like a cigarette pack, Smoke It Off is the title, their Bandcamp page has 2 other singles available with pictures Nascar on it, and the band's name is Hail Dale. To say I was intrigued is an understatement. What I got when I hit play was a full on, southern garage blues rock masterpiece. The further I listened, the more interested I got in the album. While I wasn't expecting the best, I got way far from the worst. These cats can play and boy do they play well. While I was listening I had to click on the "wishlist" button on Bandcamp followed slowly by the "follow" button. At this pace, I'll have the upcoming vinyl in my cart ready for checkout. Anyways, I'm straying. Just listen to the whole thing. You're not going to listen to the best album ever made, you'll be listening to a very good album that deserves some attention.

Comments