A Fistful Of Questions Halloween Edition!

     I am a certified Halloween enthusiast!  I love everything about Halloween.  So, I decided to scare up some Halloween themed questions and shoot them out to some bands.  I can’t think of a better band than Eight Foot Manchild to kick off the Halloween Edition of Fistful of Questions.  

 

In your mind, what is the enduring appeal of Halloween?

 

Long answer:

Human beings have a deep-seeded, primal fascination with the macabre. We’re always on the lookout for ways to indulge that side of our psyche, without necessarily putting ourselves in danger. Horror is one of those ways. So naturally, we have a tendency to [insert bunch of Freudian and Jungian stuff half-remembered from junior college]. Hence, why we love Halloween.

 

Short answer:

Hecka witches n’ skeletons n’ shit.

 

Are you superstitious?

 

Yup! I like prime numbers, and try to weave them into my daily activities - i.e. shaking my hands out 13 times every time I wash them. Also, I was into primes BEFORE they were cool. Just sayin’.

 

Why do you love Halloween?

 

Hot cider, pretty autumn foliage, cheesy decorations, horror movies, spooky-themed concerts and events, costumes, candy…I’m a slut for all of it.

 

Do you scare easily?

 

Yes, I’m very easily scared by real life. Halloween is an escape.

 

What’s your favorite Halloween movie?

 

Bride of Frankenstein…but on behalf of Sara (trombone/vocals), I gotta send a special shoutout to Rosemary’s Baby. Some might say she’s watched that one an unhealthy number of times…

 

What’s your favorite Halloween song?

 

Nightmare On My Street by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince…or the Psycho soundtrack by Bernard Herrmann. Yes, the whole thing.

 

What’s your favorite Halloween candy?

 

I like fruity candies. Skittles, Starburst, Nerds, etc…

 

What’s the strangest thing you’ve received while trick-or-treating?

 

Chick Tracts! Hilarious evangelical Christian screeds, in mini comic-book form. Me n’ Mr Squirrel (bari sax) are connoisseurs. He has quite a collection, and I’ve thought about making a Chick Tract-themed concept album someday…

 

Favorite horror monster or villain?

 

Doctor Pretorius from Bride of Frankenstein - so delightfully sinister and camp. Monsters Reign, from our latest EP, is inspired by him.

 

What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?

 

I went as a devil many years in a row, mostly so I could wield one of those rad plastic pitchforks you’d find in the Halloween section of the grocery store.

 

Do you prefer gore or thrillers?

 

Depends on the context. If I’m looking to just vibe out on my own, I’ll take a nice slow-burn thriller. If I want to get the party going, I’m reaching for that primo early Peter Jackson shit.

 

Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees (if you had to choose)?

 

To my knowledge, the Halloween franchise never legit killed a snake for a movie scene. So, Myers wins by default.

 

Big shoutout to Dylan for some well thought out answers, and for being a Halloween enthusiast, too!

 

~El Pedo Caliente (aka Uncle Jamesom from the Fistful of DOOM show)

 

https://eightfootmanchild.bandcamp.com/album/do-spirits-return-ep

Comments