A Fistful Of Questions With Wade Wadlington, Founder Of Division Brewing

      Brewer.  Guitarist.  Heavy music enthusiast.  Cowhand!?  This edition of Fistful of Questions goes to Division Brewing founder Wade Wadlington. 

 

What is your full name?

 

Wade Wadlington   

 

Do you have any aliases?

 

Poppy Camaro… lol… not many people know that one.

 

Tell me about one of your first musical memories?

 

I have very fond memories of being the commander of my parent’s Silvertone console stereo.  I would sit for hours in front of it playing my older sister's records.  This would have been the 70’s.. lots of Boston, Heart, ELO, Aerosmith, David Bowie and many others.

 

Do you play any musical instruments?

 

Yes, I play guitar.  

 

Have you ever been in a band?

 

I’ve been involved with a few bands long ago, but they never made it out of the garage.

 

How long have you been brewing beer?

 

Almost 20 years now.  6 years professionally.


 

Tell me about the genesis of Division Brewing.

 

Division was an opportunity to break away from the corporate world I’d grown up working in and bring something creative and different to my hometown of Arlington. 

 

Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Heavy Mash Psych Rock Fest 2021?

 

This is not a fair question… lol.  I’ve listened to all of them and seen Temptress, Warlung, Summit and Monte Luna… love ‘em.  I do like seeing new bands, so I’m super stoked to see Rainbows are Free, Holy Death Trio and Hippie Death Cult!  

 

Will there be any specialty brews for Heavy Mash 2021?

 

We will have Forming the Void IPA (great band and past performers at Heavy Mash) on tap and a really cool new IPA called Chucks & Trucks (skateboard ref.), along with our normal IPA heavy rotation.

 

If you could insert yourself into any one band what band would it be and why?

 

I would insert my younger self into Black Sabbath!  I’m a lefty who loves SG’s and super heavy rock.  How awesome would it be if there were another left-hander up there with Tony Iommi!!!   Hahaha…

 

What band have you witnessed that has really impressed you with their live show?

 

Oh man.. I’ve seen a lot of great shows.   A couple that standout would be Mothership opening for the Skull and CoC a few years ago in Dallas.  Those guys can quickly get your heart pumping.  Kelley has so much strut..and just makes his beautiful soloing look easy.  I liken him to a guitar playing Bon Scott.  Just good old fashioned rock’n roll swagger.  

 

The year is 1993.  Where are you at and what are you listening to? 


 

I’m living around lower Greenville in Dallas, Tx and listening to grunge and shoegaze.

 

What’s the longest time you’ve gone without bathing?

 

At least a week…maybe two out in the boonies.

 

What’s one thing that most people don’t know about you?

 

I’m super sensitive…  good music will cause me to weep almost uncontrollably.  I used to try and hide it, but now I just let it go and enjoy watching the band through a veil of tears.

 

Is the Fistful of DOOM show in the top 10 of your favorite music podcasts?

 

Absolutely…100%

 

Do unicorns sleep standing up?

 

Nope..they lay down to sleep.

 

You’re driving cross-country and you can only listen to one album the whole time.  What album will it be?

 

Fu Manchu – King of the Road

 

You are writing a book about your life thus far.  What is the title of that book?

 

Don’t get in a hurry to grow old.

 

What is your favorite song by “Weird Al” Yankovic?

 

Another one rides the Bus!

 

Motorhead or Judas Priest (if you had to choose)?


 

Motorhead!!

 

Doobies or Boobies (if you had to pick one)?

 

Boobs before Doobs

 

Waffles or Pancakes (if you had to pick one)?

 

Pancakes

 

Star Wars or Star Trek (if you had to choose)?

 

Star Wars

 

Favorite band t-shirt you own?

 

20 Watt Tombstone - with a stoned Yoda smoking weed next to an Orange amp.   Genius!   Lol…  : )

 

Favorite meal?

 

CFS – Chicken Fried Steak

 

Favorite Beer?

 

I’m a real homie for my own beer, so a Division IPA, please.

 

Favorite book?


 

Watership Down

 

Favorite movie?

 

The Wicker Man w/ Edward Woodward

 

Favorite album?

 

Too many… sorry.

 

 

     Huge thanks to Wade for taking the time to answer my questions and for every single thing that he does to support underground rock and metal.  I don’t think there’s a weekend (and some week nights) that goes by that you won’t find live music at the brewery.  If you are in the area or have the means to get there you should absolutely get yourself to Heavy Mash Psych Rock Fest on Oct. 2nd at Division Brewing in Arlington, Tx..  You will experience some of the finest bands and finest beers the Lone Star state has to offer! 

 

 

~El Pedo Caliente (aka Uncle Jameson host of the Fistful of DOOM show)

 

https://divisionbrewing.com/

Comments