Nick de la Hoyde - Animals (Single)


Gatcombe Music Pty Ltd



This is a new summer track from Sydney-based pop/R&B sensation Nick de la Hoyde entitled "Animals." Growing up in a multi-cultural home with a Syrian mother and British father, Sydney based singer songwriter Nick de la Hoyde was exposed to many global influences that he now weaves into his music. Melding his love of hip hop, pop and R&B with introspective lyrics that chronicles a young musician’s journey to adulthood, overcoming life and artistic challenges along the path, Nick and his long-time producer/collaborator/older brother Joseph (ZUZU) de la Hoyde, have together crafted a sound that is simultaneously intimate, expansive and engaging.

I have to be totally honest, I really wasn’t expecting much and to probably hate this, but I went into it with an open mind and I really enjoyed this song, as well as the video which shows someone with an animal head on being lonely and melancholy, then meeting someone and being extremely happy doing all of the things with someone else, that also had an animal head on. The video made me smile and the song stuck with me, something that rarely happens with music that you would normally hear on pop radio. The song is, the artist says, "Animals" is a song about love! I wrote the song because I am constantly in awe of the unconditional love that I see in all animals, whether in the wild or the ones we are blessed to share our homes with! No matter what sort of day you have had, or how bad you are feeling, when you get home you are greeted with love and affection that puts a smile back on your face. Human beings can learn a lot from animals, and real, unconditional love is the biggest lesson your can learn from them and one that we should put into practice in our own lives." All I can say is that he nailed it perfectly. The song is smooth, the vocals are sincere and I got into the light groove that it had.

I enjoyed everything about this song, especially watching the video and listening to the song together. A great taster to what I hope that the album will be like and a great song to make you smile.

-Rick Ecker


Comments