Danny Stoddard - Melinda Rose EP



OK... for this young man, the review is as follows...

Sample tracks are good, need a bit more to get if there are any changes, but it's not overdone and it's raw... Dig the "Indie" feel of it..

"A Single Promise" has some really good bounce to it and I really like the laid back vocals... it fits well and I love not being screamed at... (!!!!)

"My Escape" is good for a NorthEastern HC Screamo tune, but completely not, laid back... Shows some diversity out of the box...

"Lower than Beneath" is a good sounding tune... I like the layers of the vocals and the subtle way the are arranged... The choice of some of the guitar tones and placement is unique and moake it stand out...

"Brand New" is a great sounding song on every level!!! I really like this one and it seems to be the one I'm personally drawn to... It's sounds like a very mature song that even a radio would embrace!!!

"Confessions" would be a real close second and reminds me of early Foo Fighters in feel, but then changes to something different and equally good...

For a 17 y/o to write, play, arrange and produce all this is a refreshing view into the hopeful future of what music has to offer...

I would buy this if it was on the shelves of a music store and listen if it was on the radio...
With so many of today's youth recording their screaming over incoherent instruments, this really is a great counterpoint to what is going on and relevant to the NOW of our lives...

I hope this young man continues to do what he is and hope he can find players that could help bring these songs to a stage for the masses and out of a cramped room ....

This was REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!

--Big

http://dannystoddard.makesnoise.com/

http://soundcloud.com/dannystoddardmusic

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so glad that you have reacted the way you have. I listened to many rehersals and I am proud to see how it all turned out Danny keep up the good work looks like other people are noticing it too.