Ripple Tech - BassBoomz Bluetooth Portable Speakers


P1010276
P1010281


Last year in Ripple Tech, I reviewed the Bassbuds earbuds which blew me away with their clarity and sound.  Quickly, Bassbuds became my "go to" earphones and I never leave home without them.  Being on the road a lot, I also like to carry a portable speaker with me, to fill the hotel room with sound, rather than be tied down by headphones.  So when I heard that the makers of Bassbuds were also putting out a Bluetooth portable speaker, I waited in eager anticipation for my review copy to arrive. 

And boy, I wasn't disappointed. 

First of all, this thing is small and easy to tuck into a suitcase, carry on, or laptop bag.   In it's closed state (more on that later) the BassBoomz speaker easily fits into the palm of my hand.  And while it's small, it's got surprising heft to it. Which is good.  It feels solid. 

The BassBoomz are perfect for smartphones, MP3 players, Tablets, Laptops and any wireless audio device with a Bluetooth connection or via a wired 3.5mm output.

So it's a cool little device, but most importantly, how's it sound?  On the road I'm always listening to music for review or a new Ripple Master or demo.  So I need good sound.  The company says that BassBoomz has a "powerful built-in speaker for depth and clarity with advanced wireless audio supremacy."  I don't know what any of that means. 

What I do know is that my wife and I tried it out one night while cooking dinner.  To open the speaker and create the bass chamber, I simply twisted the BassBoomz to activate and release the Bass Expansion System. The result was impressive.  We have a big kitchen and soon the entire room was filled with sound.  The bass came through loud and clear (very important in the Ripple world of heavy rock) and the sound was clear and sparkling.   I was concerned that it is only a single solitary speaker, not like the dual speakers I'd reviewed earlier, and I was worried about the loss of stereo separation.  But I needn't be.  The sound was full and music sounded alive.   I  blasted some rock and even some metal (as much as my wife could tolerate) and it all came across well no matter where in the kitchen I stood.

Plus, I really appreciate the Bluetooth capability, which makes them that much more convenient for backyard BBQ's, the beach, or any travel.  

Overall, a great little speaker with surprisingly full sound.  A perfect, "go to" portable speaker for the Ripple life.  Not that I really care, but the BassBoomz are available in a wide range of colours including Black, Grey, Blue, Pink.

If any of this interests you, and you're looking for a nice, compact, portable speaker,  you can save £30.00 - $46.00 on your own BassBoomz by using the discount code: BBZ017531 if purchasing from this url: http://www.bassbuds.net/usa/bassboomz


Here's the specs for you technical types. 

Driver Size: 1.75" x 1"
Power Supply: DC 5V
Power Output: 3W
Play Time: 5-6 Hours at 70% volume

Features
+ Explosive sound quality – twist and release the Bass Expansion system
+ Ideal for your smartphone, MP3 players, tablets and laptops
+ Compatible with all wireless devices with a Bluetooth connection
+ Compatible with any audio device that has a 3.5mm audio jack output
+ Dual connectivity available – connect 2 BassBoomz together for double the sound
+ Portable and pocket-sized for your music on-the-go!
+ Compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets




Comments