Headshot's Best Of 2014




I. St. Paul and the Broken Bones - Half the City
II. Tusmorke - Riset Bak Speilet
III. Raveonettes - Pe'ahi
IV. Merlin - Christ Killer
V. The Moon and the Nightspirit - Holdrejtek
VI. Kap Kap - Flux of Solace
VII. Grouper - Ruins
VIII. Blonde Redhead - Barragan
IX. Nickel Creek - A Dotted Line
X. Dum Dum Girls - Too True



Special Mentions:
Merlin - Night Creep (Single)
White Reaper - S/T (EP)
Prism Wulf - Sky Burial (Single, and yeah, I played on it, sue me)
Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds in Country Music 

     Let me explain this one, Sturgill won the year. This guy just took the stoner rock world by storm, in a lot of ways, while playing country music. That says something. I, unfortunately, never got around to listening to the whole album. I've heard snips here and bits there, but I can't, in good conscience, put an album on a top 10 that I haven't listened to.

Comments