The Single Life - Featuring Jerad Finck and Nine Times Blue


   

Jerad Finck - Runaway

…I have been writing for Ripple for about a month and a half and I have to tell you that the best part of being a part of this family is the ridiculous amount of incredible music I’m exposed to.  And the artist I’m writing about today is one of my favorite to date…If you haven’t heard about this Spokane, WA based songwriter…get on board…you won’t be disappointed.

“…Spokane, Washington-based pop-rocker Jerad Finck carries a bright, powerful musical flavor to fans, enlightening them with the sounds of rock-n-roll’s future. Finck’s sound is accessible and endearing but also forward-thinking, moving the music up a notch and setting a new bar. “

Finck and his band have completed seven national tours covering over 200,000 road miles and 48 States. He's toured and/or performed with Daughtry, Christina Perri, Vertical Horizon, Sister Hazel, Parachute, Edwin McCain, One EskimO, Cracker, Ingrid Michelson, Ingram Hill, Smile Empty Soul, Tony Lucca, Ernie Halter, and several others. He and his band have performed on nearly a dozen Morning TV shows on NBC, CBS, ABC, & Fox and his songs have been featured in movies and television shows on HBO, ESPN, Discovery, CBS, & NBC, among other…     Runaway is an amazing song that is pure gold.  When I close my eyes…I feel as if I’m listening to the great Billie Joe Armstrong.  The song starts out sweet with some nice delayed electric guitar…quickly followed up by an acoustic strumming its way into your heart…preparing you for Jerad’s passionate vocal chords.  With solid lyrics and a relevant sound, they sound like The Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, Oasis, Train, Sister Hazel and, this is important…make them proud.  One day, bands will be compared to Jerad.  A nice surprise was during the bridge…there was actually a guitar solo!?  Short, but nice none the less…paying homage to those before them that knew the simple phrase…”less is more.”  

…Jerad has runaway with my heart…I’m a new fan!

REVIEW     I give him 5 out of 5 Fish!

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3397413













 
Nine Times Blue -Falling Slowly

…making the assumption that this band is named after “Nine Times Blue” by the Monkees, the expectation was set…but, did they meet it?  Often compared to the Gin Blossoms, the Plain White T's, the Click Five, Jimmy Eat World and The Smithereens…these guys carry on a tradition forged by the classic power-pop bands that preceded them.

Now back to the question did they meet my expectations?  YES…yes, they did.  I was pleasantly surprised by their single “Falling Slowly.”  Very relevant to what is currently being played on both traditional radio as well as internet stations like PANDORA and NWCZ Radio.  A combination of great lyrics…great songwriting…backing vocals and solid musicianship…mixed and mastered by two-time Grammy-winning producer Don McCollister, who’s worked with such top-selling artists as Sister Hazel, Indigo Girls, Third Day and Shawn Mullins…and NOW, Nine Times Blue…it will come as no surprise to me if I hear any of their songs on a new hit show on HBO or Showtime.  It has a timeless sense about it in that it also reminds me of the theme song that the Rembrandts did for “Friends” as well as movies like “American Pie.”  I could go on and on, but this is a very commercial ready band with a great new single, Falling Slowly that has soul and fire driving it…

…I have been falling slowly in love with Nine times Blue…

REVIEW     I give them 5 out of 5 Fish!

http://soundcloud.com/digitalmusicmarketing/nine-times-blue-falling-slowly




























Comments